Thursday, August 7, 2008

Honoring Falling Victims

Today the kids and I were out running errands. I had to run to Target to get diapers and I thought I would let the kids play at the play area. So we headed to the Commons in Federal Way. On the way up Highway-18 we were stopped by Motor-cycle cops in each lane. At first I was a bit annoyed. Why were they stopping us? Then I remembered that there was supposed to be a procession for a fallen firefighter in our state. We waited at a dead stop for nearly 20 minutes and there was still nothing. Then it was absolutely amazing. One after another were fire trucks from all over the state approximately 100, ambulances also, probably 200 motorcycles cops, the procession lasted nearly 25 minutes. It was amazing! It gave me goose bumps. Today I hope we will honor all of the fallen victims that were helping to save the lives in our country!

No comments: