Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy New Year & 2011 Goals

banners,Happy New Year,holidays,New Years,special occasions,textHappy New Year! Wow, it's hard to believe that it's 2011! I have so many goals that I want to accomplish this year! Some are bigger than others, some might seem silly but to me it's something I really want to hold myself accountable to do and to achieve this year.
I won't bore you with all of them but I thought if I listed some of them, you might also keep me accountable!:)

1. Since I got a Kindle for Christmas I really want to be able spend more time reading! My goal for 2011 is to read two books a month!Now this may sound silly to you, but when your a busy mom there just isn't much time to read. I have already read one book this month! Woohoo! One more to go.  A good start! BTW: if your looking for a good read I highly recommend "The Last Lecture!"

2. To sign up for some sort of "Race/Run"  I have really wanted to do this for the past couple of years. And I believe that this is my year. Not sure what Race/Run I want to do. It could even be the Seattle to Portland bike ride. Just something that will get me to start training and well for better words force me to go to the gym!

3. To do a service project once a month as a family! (this is going to be so cool! Stay tuned as I will be posting once a month about each project!)  This whole thing about the project is to really teach my kids about the gift of giving and learning to be gracious!  I think kids sometimes can have a hard time with giving thing up or giving things away. I want them to feel good about it and have them know why we do this!

4. To be in the Word more!  This last year I have mentor/disciplining with a friend. It's been great and I am learning so much! It's very exciting to be growing in my faith.  Memorizing would also be something I would like to focus on. I have never been good at this, but I know that the spirit will place these scriptures in my heart and will help me to learn them.

5. Updating both my blogs more!:)  If you haven't seen my other blog it's www.beckscreations.blogspot.com

Okay so here is just a few of the many! I won't bore you any longer!  If you see me ask me how these things are going. I really want to be held accountable!
Happy New Years! Here's hoping that 2011 will be a great year, full love LOVE, Happiness and Good Health!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Rebecca! I love your goals, and that you shared them with us! I especially love your goal of spending more time in the Word, and memorizing more. Memorizing will fit in easily with your training goal. While you are out walking or jogging, spend time working on a verse or two that you want to hide in your heart. I know Janet can suggest verses, or I would love to share some favorite passages. Pick a passage that you love, and it will be easier to memorize. You will be amazed at how much you can memorize and learn as you exercise! Let me know which ones you pick!

Unknown said...

Love your goals! I'm sitting down right now to write mine on my blog. :) You should start with a 5k! You will love it. I'm doing the Valentine's Day 5k at Green Lake if you want to join!